Chemical PeelBrowsing Adelaide » Chemical Peel
Adelaide Chemical Peel – Chemical Peel in Adelaide
Your guide to Chemical Peels in Adelaide: includes general info about Chemical Peels, list of Adelaide Chemical Peel Clinics, Cosmetic Surgeons and Doctors and other information including costs and related procedures.
Adelaide Chemical Peel Cost
Range: $ cheap $$ moderate $$$ high-priced
Price Indicator: $$
Cost of Chemical Peel in Adelaide: $100-$4,000
Average Cost: $2,300
Variables: Type of peel (AHA, TCA or phenol), the size of the area being treated and the depth of the peel. For example an AHA chemical peel costs around $100 to $200, a light TCA peel from $800 to $1,100 and a phenol peel costs approximately $1,000 to $4,000.
Private Health Insurance: May be covered. Ask your health fund for further information.
Medicare: The first consultation may be covered if you have a doctor’s referral. However, Medicare does not usually cover the cost of chemical peels. Ask the clinic for information about any rebates.
Adelaide Chemical Peel Advice
Chemical Peels in Adelaide must be performed by a qualified doctor. When choosing a Adelaide Chemical Peel doctor, research their qualifications, education and training. Make sure the GP is experienced in the area or type of blemishes you wish to have treated. Ask them how many treatments they’ve performed. Obtain lots of before and after photos of patients they’ve treated with your skin type.
Adelaide Chemical Peel Related Searches: Adelaide Chemical Peeling, Adelaide TCA Peel, Adelaide Skin Peel, Adelaide Glycolic Acid, Adelaide Facial Peels, Adelaide Glycolic Peel, Adelaide Skin Peeling, Adelaide Skin Rejuvenation, Adelaide Skin Blemishes, Adelaide Salicylic Acid, Adelaide Face Peel,
Adelaide Chemical Peel Reviews
- Before the treatment, you will be required to wash your hair. Men must also have a close shave. Once at the clinic, the doctor washes your face to remove any dirt, oil and soap which may affect the treatment.
- The deeper the peel required, the longer it takes to recover. Recovery is more painful and longer with a phenol peel than a TCA peel. You should avoid alcohol during the recovery process.
- Sun damage has the worst affect after a chemical peel. It can cause discolouration and blotchiness. Your doctor will advise you to avoid direct exposure to sunlight and to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, even in winter.
- Remember to keep your eyes closed during the treatment. The solution can cause damage to eyes and even the smallest amount can lead to an irritation. Inhalation can also cause respiratory problems. Some doctors take precautions by having a small fan blowing across your face during the treatment.
- Chemical peeling is not for everyone. The treatment is quite uncomfortable and there can be pain and itchiness involved in the healing process, even during treatment. It is especially risky for those with a darker complexion.
- Your face will be red after the procedure. How long this lasts depends on the depth of the peel. Redness after light treatment takes a couple of hours to subside whilst red skin after deep peels can last for a few weeks.
- If your doctor is inexperienced and peels too deep, you may end up with permanent scarring. Some scars may fade over time but you may require further alternative treatments to fix the problem.
- Chemical peels can cause milia or whiteheads to pop up after treatment. This is usually temporary and can be treated with an abrasive soap like oatmeal. Some practitioners may even get rid of them for you using a needle.
- You may need Vaseline after the treatment, which is left on for about one to two days. Most doctors will require you to reapply the cream over a period of one week to keep your skin hydrated. This avoids crusting and premature scarring.
Popular Locations for Chemical Peel in Adelaide Australia AU:
City of Adelaide, Burnside, Campbelltown, Charles Sturt, Gawler, Holdfast Bay, Marion, Mitcham, Norwood Payneham St Peters, Onkaparinga, Playford, Port Adelaide Enfield, Prospect, Salisbury, Tea Tree Gully, Unley, West Torrens, Walkerville.
More Chemical Peel Locations
Find Chemical Peel related procedures in Adelaide, Australia AU:
Chemical Peel FAQs
Chemical Peel Doctors, Surgeons and Clinics in Adelaide Australia AU
Dr Randall Sach Chemical Peel Surgeon
U4 81 Smart Rd, Modbury SA 5092
Cosmetic Clinic Chemical Peel Surgery
1 / 30 Dunn St, North Adelaide SA 5006
Dr Daniel Anderson Chemical Peel Practitioner
412 Portrush Rd, Linden Park SA 5065
Glenelg Day Surgery Chemical Peel Doctor
4 Gordon Street
Glenelg, SA 5045
Dr Richard Hamilton Chemical Peel Clinic
470 Goodwood Rd, Cumberland Park SA 5041
Parkside Cosmetic Surgery Chemical Peel Surgeon
7 Unley Rd, Parkside SA 5063
Dr Michelle Lodge Chemical Peel Surgery
Calvary Hospital Strangways Tce, North Adelaide SA 5006
Adelaide Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Centre Chemical Peel Clinic
Level 4, Suite 22, 57 Anzac Hwy
Ashford, SA 5035
Dr Michael Molton Chemical Peel Practitioner
245 Wakefield St
Adelaide, SA 5000
Changes Cosmetic Solutions Chemical Peel Surgeons
95 Hutt St, Adelaide SA 5000