Chemical PeelBrowsing Canberra » Chemical Peel
Canberra Chemical Peel – Chemical Peel in Canberra
Your guide to Chemical Peels in Canberra: includes general info about Chemical Peels, list of Canberra Chemical Peel Clinics, Cosmetic Surgeons and Doctors and other information including costs and related procedures.
Canberra Chemical Peel Cost
Range: $ cheap $$ moderate $$$ high-priced
Price Indicator: $$
Cost of Chemical Peel in Canberra: $100-$4,000
Average Cost: $2,300
Variables: Type of peel (AHA, TCA or phenol), the size of the area being treated and the depth of the peel. For example an AHA chemical peel costs around $100 to $200, a light TCA peel from $800 to $1,100 and a phenol peel costs approximately $1,000 to $4,000.
Private Health Insurance: May be covered. Ask your health fund for further information.
Medicare: The first consultation may be covered if you have a doctor’s referral. However, Medicare does not usually cover the cost of chemical peels. Ask the clinic for information about any rebates.
Canberra Chemical Peel Advice
Chemical Peels in Canberra must be performed by a qualified doctor. When choosing a Canberra Chemical Peel doctor, research their qualifications, education and training. Make sure the GP is experienced in the area or type of blemishes you wish to have treated. Ask them how many treatments they’ve performed. Obtain lots of before and after photos of patients they’ve treated with your skin type.
Canberra Chemical Peel Related Searches: Canberra Chemical Peeling, Canberra TCA Peel, Canberra Skin Peel, Canberra Glycolic Acid, Canberra Facial Peels, Canberra Glycolic Peel, Canberra Skin Peeling, Canberra Skin Rejuvenation, Canberra Skin Blemishes, Canberra Salicylic Acid, Canberra Face Peel, Canberra Laser Resurfacing, Canberra Glycolic Acid Peels, Chemical Peel in Canberra Australia AU
Canberra Chemical Peel Reviews
- Before the treatment, you will be required to wash your hair. Men must also have a close shave. Once at the clinic, the doctor washes your face to remove any dirt, oil and soap which may affect the treatment.
- The deeper the peel required, the longer it takes to recover. Recovery is more painful and longer with a phenol peel than a TCA peel. You should avoid alcohol during the recovery process.
- Sun damage has the worst affect after a chemical peel. It can cause discolouration and blotchiness. Your doctor will advise you to avoid direct exposure to sunlight and to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen, even in winter.
- Remember to keep your eyes closed during the treatment. The solution can cause damage to eyes and even the smallest amount can lead to an irritation. Inhalation can also cause respiratory problems. Some doctors take precautions by having a small fan blowing across your face during the treatment.
- Chemical peeling is not for everyone. The treatment is quite uncomfortable and there can be pain and itchiness involved in the healing process, even during treatment. It is especially risky for those with a darker complexion.
- Your face will be red after the procedure. How long this lasts depends on the depth of the peel. Redness after light treatment takes a couple of hours to subside whilst red skin after deep peels can last for a few weeks.
- If your doctor is inexperienced and peels too deep, you may end up with permanent scarring. Some scars may fade over time but you may require further alternative treatments to fix the problem.
- Chemical peels can cause milia or whiteheads to pop up after treatment. This is usually temporary and can be treated with an abrasive soap like oatmeal. Some practitioners may even get rid of them for you using a needle.
- You may need Vaseline after the treatment, which is left on for about one to two days. Most doctors will require you to reapply the cream over a period of one week to keep your skin hydrated. This avoids crusting and premature scarring.
Popular Locations for Chemical Peel in Canberra Australia AU:
Belconnen, Canberra Central, Gungahlin, Jerrabomberra, Majura, Molonglo, Weston Creek, Woden Valley.
More Chemical Peel Locations
Find Chemical Peel related procedures in Canberra, Australia AU:
Chemical Peel FAQs
Chemical Peel Doctors, Surgeons and Clinics in Canberra Australia AU
Laser Skin Clinic Chemical Peel Surgeon
45 Northbourne Avenue
Canberra, ACT 2600
Cosmos Clinic Chemical Peel Surgery
70 Kent St
Deakin ACT 2600
Dr Chandra Patel Chemical Peel Practitioner
77 Denison St, Deakin ACT 2600
The Caps Clinic Chemical Peel Doctor
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
John James Memorial Hospital
Strickland Crescent DEAKIN
Dr Joseph Ajaka Chemical Peel Clinic
70 Kent St, Deakin 2600
Cosmetic Laser Clinic Chemical Peel Surgeons
Suite 4, Corinna Chambers 36-38 Corrina St
Phillip, ACT 2606
Dr Ralph Bright Chemical Peel Surgery
1, Equinox 2
70 Kent St Deakin
The Capital Cosmetic & Laser Clinic Chemical Peel Clinic
PO Box 7124
Yarralumla ACT 2600
Dr Eddy Dona Chemical Peel Practitioner
70 Kent Street
Deakin ACT 2600
Dr Jennifer Dunlop Chemical Peel Doctor
Suite 5, 173 Strickland Cres
Deakin ACT 2600