Glycolic AcidBrowsing Canberra » Glycolic Acid
Canberra Glycolic Acid – Glycolic Acid in
Your guide to Glycolic Acid in Canberra: includes general info about Glycolic Acid, list of Canberra Glycolic Acid Clinics, Cosmetic Surgeons and Doctors, reviews and other information including costs and related procedures.
Glycolic Acid Cost
Range: $ cheap $$ moderate $$$ high-priced
Price Indicator: $$
Cost of Glycolic Acid in Canberra: $70-$200
Average Cost: $140
Variables: The severity and size of the area being treated and the depth of the peel. Some clinics may also consider your skin type to determine the total cost.
Private Health Insurance: Some health funds may cover part of the cost of this procedure.
Medicare: Glycolic acid is not covered by Medicare.
If you need any further information, ask the clinic for information about the costs, prices and any rebates.
Glycolic Acid Advice
Glycolic Acid Peels in Canberra must be performed by a qualified specialist. An inexperienced GP can cause scarring and burns when using stronger solutions. When choosing a Canberra Glycolic Acid doctor, research their qualifications, education and training. Make sure the practitioner is experienced in using higher concentrations of glycolic acid. Ask them how many treatments they’ve performed. Obtain lots of before and after photos of patients they’ve treated with your skin type.
Glycolic Acid Reviews
- The acidity of glycolic acid used by clinics and doctors can be as low as pH 0.6. This concentration is sufficient to cause keratolysis. On the other hand, home creams can reach a pH of 2.5. The practitioner needs to be extremely careful when using stronger applications.
- Higher concentrations of glycolic acid can cause hyperpigmentation in people with darker skin. After the procedure the skin may have blotches of lighter or darker pigments. The side effect usually subsides but it can also be permanent.
- Increasing the acidity should be a gradual process. You should get your skin used to glycolic acid first and slowly work your way up. Also, if your usage is too frequent, your skin may end up looking dry.
- You can have a glycolic acid peel as often as once per week if the concentration is low. However, at lower strengths, it may be better just to use a home treatment. Higher concentrations provided by doctors can offer more dramatic results, but should be done more sparingly.
- Whilst the application is on your skin, this can cause a stinging or burning sensation. This should subside once the glycolic acid is washed off. The higher concentration, the more likely you will feel its intensity.
- Glycolic acid only used to be available through a clinic or doctor. Now you can do the peel from your home. However, do-it-yourself treatments are never near as strong and don’t offer the same results.
- If your skin is not prepared properly, this may cause problems such as scarring. There is also a higher risk of discolouration and longer recovery times. So, before you subject your face to glycolic acid, make sure you’ve done all the pre-treatment preparations.
- You can greatly improve the results by using skin care products. However, the effects of glycolic acid are not permanent. You will need repeated treatments to keep up the youthful look.
- Glycolic acid is especially helpful for fine wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, forehead and the cheeks. Whilst it can’t treat deep wrinkles, the treatment can improve your skin’s texture and appearance.
Popular Locations for Glycolic Acid in Canberra Australia AU:
Belconnen, Canberra Central, Gungahlin, Jerrabomberra, Majura, Molonglo, Weston Creek, Woden Valley.
More Glycolic Acid Locations
Find Glycolic Acid related procedures in Canberra, Australia AU:
Glycolic Acid FAQs
Glycolic Acid Doctors, Surgeons and Clinics in Canberra Australia AU
Dr Ralph Bright Glycolic Acid Surgery
70 Kent St
Deakin ACT 2600
Integrity Plastic Surgery Glycolic Acid Surgeon
12 Napier Close,
Deakin, Canberra 2600
Dr Angelo Tsirbas Glycolic Acid Practitioner
14, Manuka Court
11 Bougainville St, Manuka
Cosmetic Surgery Manuka Glycolic Acid Doctor
Suite 14, 11 Bougainville St
Manuka Canberra ACT 2603
Dr Alan Ferguson Glycolic Acid Clinic
Cnr Gilmore Crescent &
Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery Glycolic Acid Surgeon
77 Denison St, Deakin ACT 2600
Dr Christopher Lee Glycolic Acid Surgery
70 Kent Street
Deakin ACT 2600
The Caps Clinic Glycolic Acid Practitioner
173 Strickland Crescent
Deakin, Canberra 2600
Dr Tony Tonks Glycolic Acid Clinic
Suite 6, 9 Sydney Avenue
Barton, ACT 2600
ESTEEM Cosmetic Studio, Canberra Glycolic Acid Doctor
Suite 14, Manuka Court
11 Bougainville St
Manuka ACT 2603